I didn't see you there.
My muscles are over-stretched. Muscles that aren't even limbs.
Where did you go? Are you on someone else's lips? Dangling from a lemon-drop sweetened tongue behind thirty two beige tombstones that mark the death of pretend and the beginning of skepticism. Are you at the tables sticky with honey and tea, glancing at erotic art, breathing the last sighs of summer through your perfectly slender nose? Winding up metal chickens that leave delicate footprints in the snow. Are you on someone else's mind? Curled up with their memories, braiding forbidden thoughts around your fingers, cats cradle with the threads that, pulled too tight, could unravel a soul. Are you pulsing through someone else's arteries? Like music so loud, it pounds through your ribs and hips and lungs. Where did you go? You are not here. I cannot feel you here.
Define the limit as I approach infinity.
"Kids in university are all looking to give a fuck about something."
I witnessed a tender moment in a smart car.
Ambiguity is an old woman. She does not ask questions - except perhaps to offer an oatmeal cookie or cream in your tea. She moves very slowly, shuffling in faded moccasins. Ambiguity lives in a home of soft things. If you were to ever fall at Ambiguity's house, you might not realize it. Her bookshelves are filled with Lewis Carroll and e.e. cummings. She covers the walls with photographs. Photographs that she collects by quietly fingering through other peoples prints at walmart's photo centre, carefully selecting the ones that are not in focus. Ambiguity is a retired math professor. She won't tell you if you're right or wrong. She will tell you that you are both.
You have something that I know only by candlelight. Deep shadows that only appear in the reach of flickering flame. Small fires fuelled by hard words. Words that come from warm hands and deep exhales and places I have never been. I can always see your knees. Shoulders that seem to only curl briefly to fit another body. You are something I do not understand. I can't tell how long I've known you anymore.
My basil is still alive.

Revel.
No comments:
Post a Comment