Friday, October 15, 2010

Pick a star on the dark horizon, and follow the light.

I've never been more scared in my entire life.

I feel like I'm about to go on stage. I'm back behind the curtain, silently tapping my shoes against the glow-taped floor. I can hear the audience breathing. The house lights begin to fade and I can see the other actor in the other wing, his face slowly fading in the sunset of dimming lights. Mothers hushing their children sound like the ocean lapping a shore as the tide pulls away, revealing the barren set of a bench and a paisley carpet. The heat of the stage lights is now saturating the wings. Deep breath in, this is it now. The show must go on. One foot, now the other foot, that's it, adjust your dress, center stage right, three quarter profile - don't think now. Just wait. He comes on stage, walks center stage, full profile,

"On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?"

"Yes."

"I bet you say that to all the boys."


I would give anything to have something to die for.
I would give anything to do better in math 30.

"Forget it, Donny! You're out of your element!"

L4: I know we've all been going through a strange time in our own lives. But from my own string of life, I'd like to say that I have no idea where I would be without you girls. You've changed my life. I cannot see my life without you three. I feel a little bit like a cat left out in the rain these days. But you've dried me off and made me realize that everything, no matter how hard it is to withstand, leads to something better. I love you.

Your E above middle C is sour. Your hugs are amazing. You noticed my cowboy boots. They say ANDY on the bottom. I think stop signs are silly. Sorry for almost killing you. You also give amazing hugs. I feel like I know you. Your eyes peer into my soul and dig out the absolute best in me. I'll drive you tuesday. I'll stop at all the stop signs. I won't kill you.

I haven't killed Patrick yet - that's a good sign.

I've developed chronic goosebumps. Why the hell are they called goosebumps. Regina Spektor gives me goosebumps. Crying gives me goosebumps. Remember the book series, Goosebumps? I do. It reminds me of elementary school. It reminds me of closing my eyes and counting to 50. It reminds me of people yelling "broken dishes" when someone, ill-advisably, opened their eyes. Of grounders and playground rocks in my shoes. Screaming when the bell rang. Cleaning erasers on the carpets. Never knowing what time it was. Drawing on eachother's backs during an assembly. Drawing on the desks. It reminds me of passing notes.

Do you like me? (circle one)
YES / NO
Don't look down. Just don't look down.

No comments:

Post a Comment