Friday, March 4, 2011

And I imagine sunlight in your hair, you're at the county fair.

"Sugar is not fashionable anymore." - Oscar Wilde

Scarf, I love you. You are such a wonderful woman, with such a lovely voice, and uncountable talents. You are unmatched as a friend. I feel like you understand when I need to rant, and when I need to be frustrated, and when I just want tea. And think I know when you need a hug, and when you want to jump around squealing, and when you need a listener. You make me happy. And I am so grateful for our friendship.

Am I what you're looking for? I don't think I am. I don't think you know what you're looking for. You are so hesitant, and the way you act depends on who we're around. My novelty has worn off, I think. I'm like a new pair of shoes. Flavor of the week. Make up your mind, so I can do something.

I think this is what they call getting a taste of your own medicine.

This shit is worse than Buckley's.

I'm walking away. For me. I don't think you'll notice, to be honest. I have my friends, my passions, my plans. That's enough to keep a girl busy for a lifetime and a half.

"It's all quite settled, is it not?"
"I hope so."

Here's the plan
1. Finish debate preparation
2. Look at English and pretend I've read The Odyssey
3. Listen to this song thirty more times
4. Ask Katie for my skirt back
5. Finally give Carolyn her birthday gift
6. Have my film printed
7. Subtext for Cecily and The Importance of Being Earnest
8. Find my inner Dorothy Parker
9. Find Clara
10. Move on

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
And I am Marie of Romania.

Bang, bang.

1 comment: