Friday, February 12, 2010

Near to you, I am healing but it's taking so long.

Hello, cosmos. Allison here.

I'm happy. This is the kind of happiness that beats the hell out of whatever I thought was happiness before. I have friends I can count on, people I understand and cats that come when they're called. There's also this one person, with blue eyes and a spirit that seems unstoppable (Cosmos, I think your gravity-maker is sleeping on the job).

People should be more like cats. Hedonism is the way to live. We move too fast to appreciate the streaks of sunlight on the carpet. Slow down. Stretch. Blink. Find a box. Sleep.

Fighter pilots can't be colorblind. Surgeons can't be cannibals. But astronauts can have celiac disease.

More to come. Hold your horses.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know my diseased friend that my doctors have decided to test me for celiac disease?

    ps. I love the title of the blog. What a good song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a worthy test!! Take the blood test with a grain of salt. A huge fucking grain of salt. Unfortunately, celiac and type I diabetes go hand in hand often. Apparently I should be getting tests for diabetes!

    I MISSED YOU TODAY. UGH.

    A fine frenzy is a good time =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I MISSED YOU TO!
    Tomorrow, train, you and me.

    ReplyDelete