Monday, January 18, 2010

"C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell.

There isn't much that makes a person say, "Now, if only I could fall off the planet."

Okay, maybe a lot can inspire a statement like that. But no matter what circumstance it falls under, no matter what twisted series of events, it's the same damn thing.

Something has occured that makes it worthwhile to exit Earth's atmosphere in order to find sanity. Or perhaps something hasn't occured that makes it even more worthwhile to patch your way to the outside universe. And then there's the worst case scenario. When you really have no grounds whatsoever to feel that way, and yet you do.

One might say you're between a celestial rock and a hard place.

But that disappointed and hollow feeling must have some sort of rhyme or reason! It can't be there for absolutely no reason. I used to think I was imagining the causes for this soul repressing feeling. But no! I don't believe this anymore. No matter what, you're feeling a specific way for a specific reason. Even if it's not the reason you think. For example.

WRONG: I'm sad because I can't make a proper panna cotta.
RIGHT: No sweetie, you're sad because that man doesn't like you.

Or.. something like that. My mother just forced me to watch He's Just Not That Into You. I think she's trying to say something. Actually, I think she's trying to scream something.

Things to do (in order of appearance) for the next week and a half:

1. English part B exam.
2. Discover mark for chemistry replacement.
3. Eat lunch with english people.
4. Study chemistry. For a little while, at least.
5. Eat and be merry with uncle and uncle's pretty girlfriend.
6. Go to sleep at 8:30.
7. Wake up and meet Rachel for breakfast at 7.
8. Eat pancakes + toppings sans pancakes.
9. Study, study, study for chemistry.
10. Write chemistry exam.
11. Study, study, study for math.
12. Write math exam.
13. Friday night will be friday night and friday night will do as it pleases.
14. Thomas?
15. Sleepover?
16 - infinity. Bishop Carroll, Robyn, Sean, Daniel, Nick, Michael
infinity+1. Retreat to my cave where I will hibernate until spring.

I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone... I think it starts with Jackson and ends with silence.

Don't you love it when everyone steals a joke to the point where it's just common property? I'm pretty sure that's what happened to songs like Row, Row, Row, Your Boat and Happy Birthday.

I'm also pretty sure that's what happened to the missing nukes, Grammy awards and Amelia Earhart. Perhaps my head, too.

"I've never had to, alright! My friends don't go joy-poppin' with bubble-gummers! My friends can handle their highs!"

Oh, Uma.

No comments:

Post a Comment