Things change too fast. I've begun to find that change occurs like a whirlwind of unexpected earthquakes, one after the other. Eventually we find it's just easier to hide from the world while it's shaken at it's very foundations. But once the aftershocks subside, when the worst of it is over, and you emerge from your protected perch - things are so different. The houses are upside down and the trees lie parallel to the horizon. A barren wasteland of aimless people searching for their own stake in a world they don't understand.
I don't understand.
Umm... What is up?
ReplyDeleteI had a moment of angst haha.
ReplyDeleteThis is irrelevant to your actual post, (and for that I apologize), but that's an excellent song.
ReplyDeleteFelt the need to comment, since that was like 'the song' of Lethbridge, if I remember correctly.
ReplyDeleteStill one of my favorites! And it was Lethbridge, same weekend as the coffee in the toilet, yes?
ReplyDeleteThe weekend of the brightest moons, of chocolate eggs thrown into the pool, of broken light fixtures and rearranged appliances. A most eventful weekend, without a doubt. Did I ever tell you that we stayed in the Ramada a year or two later with my grandparents, and by some matter of miracle, were given the exact room that we trashed? Curtains still slightly hanging off the wall on the left side, light over the sink not working properly after Billy stuffed a pillow into it. Brought back so many memories. I was at a complete loss for words when we walked into the room to find the same corner view of the pool.
ReplyDeleteOh yes! And care packages! Really? Oh my that's absolutely fantastic. I have to say I was pretty proud to see the poker chips strewn about the room, the mattress sideways and the couch against the wall. And were exactly did the microwave end up!?
ReplyDeleteI can imagine haha. Track really did have some fine moments.
It's one thing to get the same room twice in a row in any hotel, but to get this particular room, just wow. My sister probably got so sick of me reminiscing about it. Oh jeez, the microwave? It was chillin' there somewhere. Under the bed? In the fridge? Something like that.
ReplyDelete