Saturday, January 9, 2010

So if you're lonely, why'd you say you're not lonely?

It's only funny to dabble in one's love life if you're their English teacher. For if you're an English teacher, you're allowed to accuse your students of being jaded and loveless. Or so I've been led to assume...

He's got a point. Sort of.

"Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." (I choose my heros wisely. Can't you tell?)

Last night I watched the film Daybreakers. I think the director was lying in bed considering all the places he could fit explosions in.

"An explosion would go nicely there... yes. An explosion wouldn't quite work there - but let's put one in anyways."

The idea behind the movie was quite an interesting one. The human-gone-vampires needed blood and they were running out of humans. (Parallels to oil?). But really - a scene dedicated to the food chain of vampires eating humans, in slow motion, with dramatic cello strains and enough Heinz ketchup packets to feed Japan was a bit much.

Did we mention the lack of romance? As mentioned by said English teacher, I may be a jaded, loveless (secretly romantic) person, but that doesn't mean one hand to the cheek is enough to fill the quota. No, no. I want to see some lovin'.

On another note. Friends is not only a show worth watching. It's a show worth listening to if you're off doing other things.

Dear Celiacs, although none of you know I exist, I figure I should share this with you. In recent times, I have perfected the gluten-free chocolate chip cookie. My intestines were dancing.

Speaking of dancing. I wish I could dance.

My "F" key is lagging. I wonder what my favorite word is...

No comments:

Post a Comment